Middle School - Student Government Elections Student Information Meeting
- Middle School - Student Government Elections Student Information Meeting
- 10/10/2019, 7:50 AM – 8:28 AM
- Mars Area Middle School
Mars Area Middle School Student Council/Government will hold a student information meeting on Thursday, Oct. 10, during Activity Period in the Large Group Instruction (LGI) room.
Any seventh and eighth grade student interested in running for an elected position are encouraged to attend this informational meeting. Students that are unable to attend this meeting can also stop in Mrs. Winter’s classroom (room 135) to receive an information packet about the following elected positions:
- Eighth Grade Class President
- Eighth Grade Vice President
- Eighth Grade Homeroom Representatives (2 elected positions for each homeroom)
- Seventh Grade Class President
- Seventh Grade Vice President
- Seventh Grade Homeroom Representatives (2 elected positions for each homeroom)
Class President and Vice President elections will be held on Friday, Oct. 18. All interested candidates must complete an eligibility form and a speech outline that does not exceed two (2) minutes by no later than Tuesday, Oct. 15. Students will read their speech over the Public Address (PA) system on Thursday, Oct. 17, and voting will take place in homeroom on Friday, Oct. 18.
Homeroom Representatives elections will be held by each homeroom teacher between Monday, Oct. 21, and Thursday, Oct. 24. Students interested in running for a Homeroom Representative position or nominating a candidate may sign-up with their homeroom teacher. Each homeroom teacher will hold a nomination and election session to fill the Homeroom Representative positions.
Any questions can be directed to: